Monday, October 22, 2007

News about the job I don't have yet...and the plan I sort of have to get one...

Hey everyone!

I'm just posting first to get this thing rolling...I don't have much new to say so I'll just make the same old things I've been saying sound new and exciting. After continuing to nanny all summer (see how much that college degree changed my career path?) I have recently purchased my very first 'all mine' car, effectively depleting my savings just in time for my student loans to begin repayment. Since my goal is still a job in the film industry I'm holding out on getting a 'real' job in Los Angeles or New York...but I just depleted my savings remember? So in the meantime I've returned to Pittsburgh to live with/babysit for the Morehouse family for a few months.

I've been in touch with the woman I lived with and worked with in L.A. last summer and she has offered me a place to stay until I get a job, which she will also help me accomplish. So the current plan is to drive (yes DRIVE!) out to California in January and give it a go! Anyone want to join me? Brock and Brie...didn't you sign up for this already? : ) At the very least I will have a very nonglamourous job as someone's assistant, but if all goes well Kristin (the woman in L.A.) will have her official company set up and will be able to hire me herself. Since it will be her company and Jennifer Aniston's...well that'd obviously be amazing...but nothing is finalized yet so I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed! That's all the 'news' I have right now...I bet you all can come up with some more exciting (and concrete) news than that! We're waiting...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just hitnking that probably the newly engaged Brie will not be trekking out West anytime soon. Sounds like kind of weird for a honeymoon. Enjoyed your blog. For the older and much older Smiths - I am not quite sure how to post anymore than a comment. Remedial clases are being offered when?

Megan said...

Yay! Aunt Colleen gets the award for first comment although I know others of you have viewed the site. I've emailed some help on posting to everyone, for further remedial help you'll have to wait until Thanksgiving or recruit a younger member : )

katie said...

can't wait to see you out here megan! :)